
Our family loves fall. We love the smells, the colors, the yummy fall food, the cooler weather that brings out the coats and scarves and mittens and the need for a warm toasty fire. We headed up to Greenbluff a couple of weeks ago with Ashtyn's preschool to enjoy an educational tour. We loved every minute. We got to go on a hayride, listen to bee talk (a little blip about bees and how they help apples grow and then we got to pick an apple to eat), go through a corn maze, pick out a pumpkin, sing the ABC's to a big talking pumpkin named Penelope, and the best part was the snack (donuts and cider). Yum! The girls loved it, unfortunately I forgot my camera so we have no proof of the fun times had.


Another fun part of fall is the leaves that turn colors and fall. The kids have loved going out and crunching and munching the leaves. They love it.


We have also had company come. Of course I know everyone knows that Ty came, but I am just not as fast as Arlene to get pictures on here. We loved seeing Ty and catching up with him. Ashtyn was very nice to share her princess room with Ty. She wanted to paint her room blue just for him and then paint it pink again after he left. Isn't that sweet. This is him showing us pictures of his kids to our kids. We also got him to play the Wii with us. That was fun. That same weekend we also got to a spend a little part of a day with my Aunt Carol that lives in Utah. She came up to visit my mom and so we got to see her. We took her and treated her to Dairy Queen. It was good to have some family come and visit!!

It has also been hunting season. Sam and I both went this year. Yes that's right, I went hunting this year. Can you believe it? Well, I decided I had to see what all this hunting stuff is about. It has been in process for a couple of years because I had to get my hunters ed taken, which I took with a bunch of 12 and 13 year old boys, and thankfully passed the first try. So this season I was finally able to carry a gun and head out into nature to try and find Bambi's mother. How sad is that. I was unsuccessful. After four outings with Sam, I didn't even shoot the gun. We did see some but I just never got a good shot. I was nervous too. Sam was successful this year. He ventured out with his dad and got a nice mule deer.

So our family will eat MEAT this winter. Ha, ha, ha!! Sam also was able to spend a couple of nights with his dad down in the Blue Mountains. They camped and hunted and ate good food and traversed in the snow and had a great time. They were there to find Elk and were unsuccessful, but thoroughly enjoyed their time out in nature. They love to be out as much as possible.

We had our Halloween pumpkin fun too. We carved our pumpkin on the family night before Halloween. Grandma Kathie came and helped us.


And of course we had some activities to attend, the ward Halloween activity, including a carnival with some fun games and Trunk or Treat at the end. Hailey walked around with big eyes and hardly said anything. I think she was a little overwhelmed by all the people and what they looked like. The girls favorite part was the cupcake walk, because they got to eat a cupcake.

And they loved dumping their candy out at home and looking at all their new treasures! Then on Halloween we went up to Carson's and took the kids trick or treating,

which they loved and then we had the most delicious soup and decorated cupcakes and listened to a spooky story. It was great. Again the kids made off with too much junk food, but it is great fun!! This year, our house was full of princesses. Ashtyn had told me that she wanted to be a "Pink Princess" from head to toe. Crown, shoes, dress, and the dress had to go all the way to her feet. Adorable. Hailey at first was thinking about being Ariel from the little mermaid....she loves her......but she decided later that she wanted to be Princess Anastasia. So I found this dress and she loved it!! It is actually a Barbie dress and her favorite part of the whole costume was the little Barbie pin sewed on the front. They loved getting curls and sparkles on their faces too. They are the cutest little princesses that I have ever seen.
1 comment:
You look like you really are having fun!! Thanks for sharing your blog with me! Have a great day!!!!! ♥ Luch
Post a Comment