Friday, November 30, 2007

Princess Wishes!!

Well, we have two princesses that live at our house and their wish came true the other night when we were able to take them to
"Disney on Ice Princess Wishes." It was the perfect night. We started out at our house getting all dressed up. I found a great deal on two princess dresses at Value Village at Halloween time and couldn't help but get them. I was saving them for Christmas or birthday but they came out for the princess show. They were both so excited, squealing and laughing. We got them dressed up from head to toe and fixed their hair all fancy. We invited Grandma Kathie to come with us too. We jumped in the car and drove downtown. We went extra early because there was supposed to be some fun pre-show stuff. First we got to go into a special room where they had a little display set up for some of the princesses. (A picture of the princess and then a dress and some other little things.) They also had a Prince and Princess dressed up and standing there so they could meet them and get a picture. Then we headed in to find our seats. The girls were so anxious for it to start. They kept asking how much longer. Then about 15 minutes before the show was to start they did a little etiquette thing. They talked to the princesses and princes in the audience about bowing and curtsying. It was so cute. They got them all ready and then Cinderella and her Prince came out in a neat carriage and they had them bow and curtsy and wave to Cinderella and her Prince. And then they declared them officially Princesses and Princes. Kind of fun. Then the real show began and it was amazing. Grandma and I got a little teared up just seeing the girls so excited (we are just so sappy). Ariel is Hailey's favorite, so when she came out she was glued to the ice, clapping and laughing and smiling, just soaking it all up. Cinderella is Ashtyn's favorite and when she came out she said, "I can't believe it, she really is real." Just so adorable. They loved it all. We saw Tinkerbell (who brought magic and scenes to life), Mickey and Minnie Mouse (who introduced the theme and each princesses wish, then we saw, Jasmine, Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella, as it told just a little bit of their story. The show ended with all of the princesses with her prince and a sparkling carriage and fireworks. It was awesome and the girls loved every second. We can't wait to take them to Disneyland!! Someday.....hopefully. It will definitely be a night we remember for a long time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I see FOUR princeses in those pictures.
What fun. I am so happy for you. You are the prefect Princess Mom.
Arlene

arah said...

I would have loved to take Brinley, but the timing was bad and i didn't get cheap tickets in time. She keeps bugging about when she gets to go...maybe another year. I'm glad you guys had so much fun! Your girls are going to have those smiles stuck on their faces for a week!

kim said...

We went to Toy Story one year with Artie and her gang. All of us but Kevin and Dan loved it. In fact at one point I caught Kevin and Isaac taking a nap. Isaac was pretty new so he had an excuse. I also went to Beauty and the Beast when my niece was little. I LOVE them. It is sooo fun to watch their faces. You should take the girls to Enchanted. Very much a princessy movie.

Romney Family said...

how exciting! Alyssa would have been jealous of your girls. how fun for them.

The Barney's said...

The girls look so adorable! I would have loved to have taken Katelyn. Justin and I take the kids every year but didn't make it this year under the circumstances and here in boise i didnt know where it was held while here. glad you guys went and loved it. oh we also want to take the kids to disneyland someday. love lori