Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our little Hailey May!


Our little Hailey May, is really not so little anymore. We just recently celebrated her 3rd birthday. We cannot believe how fast the last three years have gone. She is our adorable little helper. She is definitely letting us know that she is a big girl now and can do things on her own. Her latest thing that she does not want any help with is her seat belt. It is pretty funny.
She also loves to color....she goes through the coloring books like no other child I've met....and we're not just talking about a little scribble on each page. When she colors she colors the whole picture and is already doing a great job. As soon as dad was home from work Hailey opened her presents.

Then, we had spaghetti for dinner (she requested what we should have for each meal all day on her b-day). After we finished up dinner, we had the Grandparents for dessert and presents. She had the choice and of course picked to have dessert first. Hailey is very into mermaids right now and told me about 100 times that she wanted a mermaid cake. So I did my best to deliver and she loved it so much I almost cried.



We are so lucky that Hailey came to us. She is a joy to us every day. We love our little Hailey May!!

9 comments:

kim said...

Happy Birthday!!! Love the cake, it looked great! It's hard to believe she's three already!!!

Lisa Farman said...

Happy birthday Hailey. They cake looked great! Doesn't it make you a little sad when they start to grow up and think they don't need you anymore. At least you have another little on the way! :-)

Karen said...

Wow. You delivered on the cake! Cute idea! That's so exciting your having a boy!

Chad and Teri said...

That cake is beautiful!

The Barney's said...

I cant believe she's 3. Didn't you just have her, hehe??? I love the cake. It looks so cute. Remember how much she loved it and you in 3 or 4 years when she says she doesnt like you or you are a mean mom. Sorry to leave a sad thought but then you can remember this day and the cake!! I too am so excited you guys are having a boy!!! I miss you Jill!! Love Lori

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Hailey. Great job on the cake. I am amazed by mother's who can decorate their children's cakes so well. I'm a store bought cake girl for birthdays and I bet it would mean more to my kids if I actually made their cake for them. I think I might start trying.

Romney Family said...

Jill~the cake looks awesome and I can hardly believe that she is 3 already!! Man~time sure flies by. I remember like it was yesterday you sending and email telling us you had her!! Look like she had a great party!!

Mary Child said...

Jill, I saw the picture of you at Girls Night Out, and then noticed your blog on Arah's sidebar. I just wanted to tell you how CUTE you are with your little baby belly, and how adorable your little Hailey May is!!! I didn't realize that you guys were still in the Spokane area. Whenever I read Arah's blog, I feel sad that we left!

It's great to see your little family Jill. And Hailey was just a baby when we left, I can't believe how grown up she is... CRAZY! Take care, and congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy!!!

Mary Child said...

Oh my gosh, I just realized that Ashtyn was the baby when we left! CRAZY! Your little Hailey wasn't even born yet...

I can't wait to see if having three kids sends you as close the edge of insanity as it has sent me!!!

Are you still in touch with Lillie?