I know I am a little behind in my posts but I wanted to share anyways. My girls are both in school this year. I have them both in groups of moms that just teach on our own. Ashtyn is in a group with six kids and we rotate which mom teaches. And have occasional fieldtrips. And then Hailey is in a group with four kids. I didn't think she would be in a group till next year but a couple of the moms that also are in Ashtyn group have kids that are Hailey's age and they wanted to do just a one day a week simple version of it will mostly play but a little lesson and craft and snack. Hailey is absolutely thrilled to be doing it too. Last year she cried for the first two months every time we dropped off Ashtyn because she felt so left out. So they both have school on Tuesdays mornings and then Ashtyn also has school on Friday. It is great and they love it. The best part about it is the interaction we get with the other families. All but one of them are in our ward and it is just great for my kids to have these new little friends that they see at church and school. And it is good for me too, to meet other moms and make new friends.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
First Day of School
I know I am a little behind in my posts but I wanted to share anyways. My girls are both in school this year. I have them both in groups of moms that just teach on our own. Ashtyn is in a group with six kids and we rotate which mom teaches. And have occasional fieldtrips. And then Hailey is in a group with four kids. I didn't think she would be in a group till next year but a couple of the moms that also are in Ashtyn group have kids that are Hailey's age and they wanted to do just a one day a week simple version of it will mostly play but a little lesson and craft and snack. Hailey is absolutely thrilled to be doing it too. Last year she cried for the first two months every time we dropped off Ashtyn because she felt so left out. So they both have school on Tuesdays mornings and then Ashtyn also has school on Friday. It is great and they love it. The best part about it is the interaction we get with the other families. All but one of them are in our ward and it is just great for my kids to have these new little friends that they see at church and school. And it is good for me too, to meet other moms and make new friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment