I just wanted to share some pictures of Ashtyn's first days of school. She had her first day of school on Sept. 14. I am in a group with six moms and six kids. We have school every thursday from 9:15-11:15. And we rotate which house and who teaches every week. It is great. There are three boys and three girls.(First Day-just before we left to go to school)

So it works out pretty good. And I love all of the moms in the group. We all go out once a month together and have a "Girls Nite Out" which usually consists of going out to dinner so we can all just sit there and talk. So one of the moms dedided she wanted to do it and so she started talking around and asking other moms that had three year old kids, that weren't already in a group, if they wanted to form a group. I was just going to work with Ashtyn on my own but she asked me if I wanted to do it so I said I would think about it and I decided why not. So it ended up that there were six moms in our group that weren't already in a group and so we now have a preschool group. Two of the kids are two but will be three shortly. Ashtyn has loved every second of it.

I knew that she would. Before this she was already talking about when she would be big enough to go to school and ride the bus and all that fun stuff. The schedule is set up so that they have an hour of playing, twenty minutes of lesson time, fifteen minutes for a snack, fifteen minutes for a craft, and then whatever time is left we can do show and tell, singing time, and reading time. Then we made up a schedule so that they are learning a new letter or number each time and also another little subject: bugs, music, colors, shapes, birthdays, holidays, etc. We even have five field trips on the schedule: fire station, Krispy Kremes, Greenbluff, Bowling, and Manito Park. I think it will really be a great start for Ashtyn. There are going to be some really fun things that we are doing. And I am excited for her to be with good people too.
3 comments:
That sounds so fun! I hope when Brackon gets older we can find some kids his age to do something similar! What a great idea!
I'm jealous Jill...wish I could have little Sammy in there with that group
Let me know how it goes, maybe I'll try to start something up here. any tips?
shay
That is so awesome. I love that for The Princess. It gives her something that is just hers and she doesn't have to share it with Hailey May and you can have Hailey time....so neat. I love that she is with women you know and trust. Cool. Gma Arlene
Post a Comment