Friday, October 06, 2006

Our Special Picnic!

So the other day I was taking Ashtyn to preschool and we were driving on the same road that we take to go to the temple. Ashtyn realized this and said, "Mom, I want to go to the temple, can we go to the temple?" I told her she needed to go to school first but when I picked her up from school that we would go. So a couple of hours later, I picked her up and we went and drove past the temple. She then said, "Mom I want to go in the temple." So I explained to her that someday soon she would be able to go, but for now that we just needed to enjoy being by it. I told her we could walk around it and maybe on a nice day we could go and have a picnic by the temple. Then she said, "Mom I want to have a picnic by the temple right now." Well, we weren't ready that day and had to head home, but I was so impressed by her desire to be by the temple that the next day I planned a picnic by the temple. I packed our lunch and we headed to the temple. It was wonderful to sit there on our blanket looking at the temple and being together. We did encounter the sprinklers, which tried to ruin our picnic but instead just made it funny. It was just a neat day for us to enjoy each other and the wonderous blessings of being so close to a temple.

I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday,
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.

For the temple
Is a House of God.
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young.
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll covenant with my father.
I'll promise to obey.

For the temple
Is a holy place,
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God I've learned this truth,
A FAMILY IS FOREVER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a sweet mommy! What lucky girls.

Anonymous said...

For you to actually take the time and listen to and fulfill her request to be by the temple. Oh yes! She has a real mom! YOu are good stuff jill.

Anonymous said...

The picture of the temple in the background is precious!