Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sewer Fun!

All of the houses in our neighborhood are all currently on sceptic tank and now the city is busy putting in sewer lines that we will eventually have to pay to hook up to. Sounds like great fun right. Everybody loves unexpected money withdrawal, and it doesn't always go to what you would really like the most. Our road has been a dirt road for about a month now. And so far we are enjoying watching the tractors, especially the girls. First some big trucks came in and tore out the pavement. It is amazing how fast they can crunch it all up. Then they were in here measuring things and putting sticks in our yards to mark all the gas lines and such. Then they came in with humongous tractors and dug a big hole to put the pipes and concrete tubes down the center of the road. Then they covered that all up and then a couple of days later they came back and rolled up grass in a big square in our front yard and came and re-dug another big hole that went from the middle of our front yard to the pipe in the middle of the road. Then they covered that all up and rolled the grass back down. They have to do tests and make sure all the pipes are working correctly and that it all passes inspection. And now we are waiting for them to put a new concrete curb and fix up the rest of the edge of our lawn. Then they will pave our road and then in a little while we will have to pay to come have someone dig up our yard again and hook our house up to the sewer and get rid of the sceptic issue. Great fun!! It truly has been fun to watch the process even though it has also been a pain. The girls have been fascinated with each and everylittle truck. I think the most annoying was the roller that comes and flattens all the dirt back out. It vibrates and jiggles our house so much I tought I was going to loose my mind from trembling. I guess it will probably be a better system when we are all said and done, just need money right!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was on a city sewer. But I don't want that expense!!! I guess I will keep on buying RIDEX. I know it is coming.....I wish I had city water also, but I don't want that expense either.
Why are we so hard to please???
gma